Wednesday, May 27, 2009

5th Grade Promotion




For my 5th grade promotion, as you probably know, Dad came out to Oklahoma to see my Promotion (and ME!) I hadn't planned to wear my dress on the bus, so I told my mom I was just going to take it to school with me and change before the promotion. But she knew Dad was going to surprise me that morning so she coaxed me into getting dressed early, saying she wanted to take pictures of me in it. He took me out to Eggbert's for breakfast and then drove me to school where I found my class way out of order with nervous jitters. We had been practicing the way we were going to do the promotion for a couple days and got better and better each day, so I wasn't really nervous. We met in the cafeteria right before it was time to go in, and we waited until it was time to start. After the promotion, and after changing into more casual clothes, we went to the YMCA (which Dad had volunteered for---awesome!) At the YMCA, and I hadn't planned it that way but one of my friends, a really close friend, had the exact same schedule as I did. The teachers made us sign up to do certain activities at certain times. We had to do all the activities except for swimming, and we signed up for what times we wanted. The parent support group had arranged for certain parents to be at certain places, but that didn't go so well---the parents were kind of all over the place. Being at the YMCA lasted all day and everyone, I doubt there was a single person who didn't, but everyone loved it! They gave us all a membership that lasts a year free and a little key chain to put that membership card on and a little whistle/flashlight thing to keep us safe, which is also attached to the keychain. When we got back to school we did yearbook signing and that took us to the end of the school day. All in all it was a great day---all play and no work!

6 comments:

Stacie Lang said...

Sounds like a great day! I am so glad you were excited to see Dad. He had a hard time keeping the secret from you. That is really neat that they gave you a years pass to the YMCA. Miss you tons!!!
Love mom

Stacie Lang said...

Hey there cutie-this is Dad now, you look terrific! I had a great weekend spending quality time with you. Thanks so much for letting me be a part of your life. It's so great to visit your blog. You're really getting good at using technology. Keep up the great work. I love you sooooo much!

McKensi said...

wow Ali.....You look so pretty! sounds like you had a lot of fun.. and i'm sure it will be fun getting some time off from school ( and will hopefully come and see us!). Love you

Ali is fun said...

Thanks for coming, Dad! I love you

Catherine said...

Hey Ali,
I sure miss you! I thought it was soooo cool that your dad came all the way out to surprise you. You look gorgeous!!! Who said you could grow up so fast? Not Aunt Catherine, that's for sure. I want you to stay little forever. ;)

Janae said...

k so i i really didnt ask but i did "adopt" it hey lets have a contest who can post every day the longest